It shall be unlawful for any person in any park:
(1) Improvements generally: To willfully mark, deface, disfigure, injure, tamper with, displace or remove, any building, bridge, table, bench, fireplace, railing, paving or paving material, water lines or other public utilities or parts or appurtenances thereof, signs notices or placards whether temporary or permanent, monuments, stakes, posts, or other boundary markers, or other structures or equipment, facilities or park property, or appurtenances, whatsoever, either real or personal.
(2) Restrooms and washrooms: To litter, dirty or soil restrooms and washrooms, or to fail to cooperate in maintaining restrooms and washrooms in a neat and sanitary condition. No person over the age of five (5) years shall use the restrooms and washrooms designated for the opposite sex.
(3) Removal of natural resources: To dig or remove any beach sand, whether or not submerged, or any soil, rock, stone, tree, shrub, or plant, cut down timber or other wood or materials, or make any excavation by tool, equipment, blasting, or other means or agency.
(4) Erection of structures: To construct or erect any building or structure of whatever kind, whether permanent or temporary in character, run or string any public utility into, upon, or across such lands except on written permit issued by the proper authorities.
(5) Injury to and removal of vegetation: To damage, cut, carve, transplant, or remove, any tree or plant, or injure the bark, or pick the flowers or seeds, of any such tree or plant. To attach any rope, wire, or other contrivance to any tree or plant. To dig in, or otherwise disturb, grass areas, or in any other way to commit acts which cause injury to, or impair, the natural beauty or usefulness of any area.
(6) Climbing, etc., trees: To climb, stand or sit upon buildings, monuments, vases, fountains, railings, fences, waterfalls or upon any other property not provided for or customarily used for such purposes.
(7) Hitching of animals, trees: To tie or hitch a horse or other animal to any tree, plant, rail or fence, not designated for this purpose.
(8) Injuring, etc., animals: To hunt, to molest, to harm, to frighten, to kill, to trap, to chase, to tease, to shoot or throw missiles, at any animal, reptile or bird; to remove or have in possession the young of any wild animal, or the eggs or nest or young of any reptile or bird. Provided, however, snakes which are poisonous when found on park property may be killed on site.
(9) Feeding of animals: To give or offer, or attempt to give, to any animal or bird, any tobacco, alcohol, or other poisonous or noxious substances. To feed ducks or geese on land in Spring Park.
(Ord. No. 06-0724, 7-24-2006; Ord. No. 06-0807, 8-7-2006)
var val = document.getElementById('citecontent').innerHTML; art.dialog.defaults.title = window.location.href; art.dialog.data('cite', val); art.dialog.data('homeDemoPath', '/Scripts/plus/artDialog/'); art.dialog.open('/Scripts/plus/artDialog/citeiframe.html');